IAPAC is the registered bipartisan connected political action committee of the Public Affairs Alliance of Iranian Americans (PAAIA). IAPAC contributes to candidates for public office who are attuned to the concerns of the Iranian American community. In addition, IAPAC supports and encourages Iranian Americans to actively participate in the U.S. democratic process and run for public office.
Congressional candidates supported by IAPAC have an exceptional track record on the issues of importance to the Iranian American community, have articulated a readiness to engage and work with Iranian Americans, or are in a position to have influence over the legislative issues of concern to the community. Iranian American candidates supported by IAPAC have demonstrated their commitment to public service, are running viable campaigns, and embrace their heritage.
- The reality of American political system is that it is dependent on financial contributions. Political action committees are an important part of the American political process.
- As a critical tool in PAAIA’s influence-building efforts, IAPAC contributions are a means of access to discuss policy positions and/or educate our elected officials, assuring that our message is heard on Capitol Hill, and a way to establish long term relationships with influential lawmakers.
- IAPAC’s support of Iranian American candidates not only helps increase the voice of Iranian Americans in the electoral process but also complements efforts to project a positive image of Iranian Americans to the general public and to encourage Iranian American participation in the American civic process.
Campaign Support for Candidates for Public Office
- IAPAC has contributed $455K to 95 candidates and all Congressional party committees.
- IAPAC has helped raise over $4.1 million for its endorsed candidates and committees by encouraging Iranian Americans to individually support their campaigns.
- IAPAC has supported a total of 30 Iranian Americans running for local, state, and federal office and has helped raise over $750K for their campaigns.
- Notable Iranian American candidates for local office that IAPAC has supported and have been elected to office include, but are not limited to, Jimmy Delshad (first IA Mayor from Beverly Hills) and Cyrus Habib (first IA to be elected to State wide office - WA).
How to Get Involved:
- For further information about IAPAC, including information about the candidates that IAPAC supports, contact PAAIA's office at (202) 828-8370.
- You may also support IAPAC by becoming a member of PAAIA and be a part of creating a credible voice for the Iranian American community.
Candidate for U.S. House of Representatives